Morris Builders Inc.
143 Courtland St.
Full Job Description
Does your homestyle fit your lifestyle? Morris Builders Inc. is a Design + Build company, offering both residential and commercial remodeling to our clients in the greater Grand Rapids area. Located Downtown Rockford, our family owned and operated business for over 36 years has a dedicated team to assist clients through our detailed design process. We execute each and every project with the highest level of professionalism and empathy to ensure customer involvement and satisfaction from concept to completion. We specialize in Additions, Whole Home Remodels, Kitchens, Bathrooms, Lower Levels, Sunroom Additions and much more.
Residential Remodeling Estimator
The Estimator is responsible for gathering all information for estimates, organizing budgets and preparing proposals for residential remodeling projects.
· Have a well-established understanding of current residential building codes, materials, load calculations and structural sizing.
· Maintain current knowledge of residential/commercial construction and technology to stay abreast of the today’s trends and practices.
· Possess a strong background in reading, writing and proofing letters, proposals, addendums or word proposals.
· Conduct and always represent yourself and Morris Builders Inc. in a professional manner.
· Review job scope, notes, blueprints, construction documents and pictures for each project that is presented to clients.
· Ask or attain all details (selections, sizes, specs. and priorities) as relating to project price range for each project from the salesperson.
· Develop multiple estimates at once.
· Communicate concerns, challenges or improbabilities in the preliminary stage of the estimate or price range stages for clarity purposes.
· Determine an estimate timeline with the salesperson- priority level, due by date, detail specifics, and project duration if possible.
· All estimates, price ranges, addendums/deducts shall be presented in a Quick Cost Estimate Template format for a detailed review and understanding for office files.
· Determine specialty items that may require lead time.
· Work closely with the Designer/Sales in the early onset of the estimate.
· Visit the jobsite to determine any issues as required.
· It is the estimator’s responsibility to send out or notify all job specs., purchase orders, designs, pdf’s, pictures, notes, etc. to the affected trades or suppliers immediately for their review and bidding purposes.
· All bid requests shall be detailed and clear to relate the chosen products, quantities, colors, amounts, finishes, designs, floor plans, all mechanical details, accessibility.
JOB REQUIREMENTS & SKILL SETS
Education: 4-yr. Engineering Degree, Construction Degree or equivalent work experience
Experience: 2 to 5 years’ experience in residential Estimating / Production
Must have strong knowledge of construction
Must understand building components and systems, their relative costs, and relationships
Must be able to read and interpret blueprints, contract drawings, and specifications
Must be computer literate (Word, Excel, Outlook)
Must have the ability to manage time effectively and efficiently
Must be able to work as part of a team
Must have the ability to build relationships with design professionals and subcontractors
Must have clear concise written and verbal communication skills
Problem Solving Skills:
Must accept and complete tasks with minimum direction
Must attend pre-bid meetings, perform site survey and site investigations.
Actively Solicit subcontractor and supplier pricing for assigned projects.
Must review, approve and resolve all trade and material pricing submittals to coincide with bids and purchase orders.
Come join our family owned and operated business that is celebrating 37 years this year!