Rockford Chamber of Commerce is proud to present the following annual events:
Rockford Chamber of Commerce is proud to present the following annual events for 2014:
- Annual Meeting - Friday, January 24 ~ This year’s event will take place at the beautiful facilities of the American Legion Post 102. The Annual Meeting of the Membership will feature a Keynote Speaker. It will also highlight the Year in Review, which is a fun look back at the previous year and is presented by Jeff Lewis, of Fluis Inc. This year’s annual meeting will feature the delicious fare from the restaurants that are Chamber members. The Ambassador Team will play host during the event, so expect plenty of surprises and laughter. Cost for the evening is $30 per person and includes dinner and entertainment. There will be a cash bar available during the event. Business attire is appropriate. Please call 866-2000 for reservations.
- Rockford Ice Festival – Friday, Feb. 7 & Saturday, Feb. 8 Picture beautiful ice sculptures glittering in the winter snow. This will be the 4th year Rockford has hosted the event, and it features ice sculptures, a mini golf course and a scavenger hunt! Chase away the winter blues with this annual event. The Art Commission’s Snow Ball will be featured on Friday, Feb. 8 at Thousand Oaks Golf Resort.
- Community EXPO – Saturday, March 15 ~ It’s Back! The Chamber’s popular 10th Annual Community EXPO is scheduled from 9 a.m. until 3 p.m. The event is held at Rockford High School and features more than 170 booths, both inside and outside, allowing the public to see the wide variety of services and products the Rockford area offers. Entertainment, four $500 cash giveaways, sign up to win a FREE all-inclusive trip for two underwritten by Apple Vacations and Antor Travel, and celebrity emcees all highlight this wonderful day. Exhibitors enjoy a crowd of thousands streaming through the halls for the entire day. Cost for a booth is $125 for Chamber members and $200 for future Chamber members. Take advantage of one of the best vehicles to reach potential customers in the area. The EXPO fills quickly!
- Community Golf Outing – Friday, May 9 ~ this year’s event is sure to be a continuation of last year’s fun. Our community golf outing is a fundraiser for the Chamber Scholarship. Not only is it competitive, it is an important way for the Chamber to help further education by bestowing upon one lucky area high school senior $1,000 toward their higher education.
- Start of Summer Celebration - June 13, 14, & 15 ~ the annual Start of Summer Celebration is the Chamber’s way of closing out the school year and ushering in the hazy, lazy days of summer. Crafts, food, parade, activities and a carnival highlight this event. Each year the talented musicians of the Scottville Clown Band storm the town and wow the audience with music and laughter.
- Harvest Festival - featured the last weekend of September, and the first weekend of October ~ the Chamber invites people to recapture the past with this wonderful event. Make It and Take It Scarecrow Building, hay rides, live music and entertainment, a Car Show, Chili Cook Off, children’s activities, old-fashioned games, such as pumpkin rolling and a candy find in hay are some of the highlights of this event.
- Holiday Lighting Ceremony – Friday, December 5 ~ this annual event is a community favorite that highlights the talents of the RHS Brass Ensemble, the RHS choirs and speeches by area dignitaries. The most exciting part is when a countdown begins to the lighting of tens of thousands of twinkling lights around trees, lamp posts and the dam. It is a wondrous sight every year.
- Santa Parade - Saturday, December 6 ~ the town of Rockford welcomes the jolly man in the red suit each year with a parade. Santa keeps coming back because Rockford is one of his favorite towns, and we are happy to have him. After the parade, Santa sets up shop in the Rotary Pavilion and visits with good little boys and girls and hears their wish lists.
- Holiday Carriage Rides – December 11 & 12 and December 18 & 19 ~ the Chamber sponsors Grand Carriages, LLC to come to Rockford and give horse-drawn carriage rides throughout the downtown streets fo Rockford. It is a beautiful way to celebrate the Christmas season. The rides are completely FREE to the public and a great way to share this special time with family and friends.