- An Ice Bowl Dinner Dance at Thousand Oaks Country Club on Saturday night, February 8th. This $100/couple ticketed event includes dinner and dancing. Co-sponsored by: Rockford Area Arts Commission.
- Miniature golf course made out of ice sculptures – test your skills and be sure to vote for best hole design.
- An interactive sports wall to test your aim and skill
- Show stopper sculpture sponsored by the City of Rockford in front of the Welcome Center in Squire Street Square
- Carving demos sponsored by area businesses.
- Ice sculptures throughout downtown Rockford — grab a scavenger hunt, follow the clues, and explore
- A Chili Cook Off takes place in the pavilion on Saturday with samples sold at noon.
- Sweetheart Splash will be Saturday, Feb. 8 at the Dam! Watch those “crazy in love” – or just plain crazy take a plunge in the Rogue River. Fun for all! Enter to win prizes.
- Free hot cocoa in the Pavilion n Saturday from 12-4 pm — donations accepted for the Wolverine World Wide Family YMCA Strong Kids scholarships
- Vote for best Festival photo, and best sculpture (voting online)
In January of 2010, Reds on the River in Rockford sponsored the first annual Ice Festival with support from the @City of Rockford, @Rockford Chamber of Commerce, @HEART of Rockford Business Association, and area businesses. The inaugural event drew 6000+ to quaint downtown Rockford. On January 8, 2011, Rockford hosted the 2nd Annual Ice Festival, drawing nearly 10,000 guests — PLUS the crew from THE FOOD NETWORK’S ICE BRIGADE series. In 2013 the festival became the property of the Rockford Chamber of Commerce. That year a chili cook off and Sweetheart Splash were added to the line up and the festival enjoyed more than 14,000 visitors. 2014 will celebrate the festival’s 5th Year! It promises to be bigger and better than ever.